The Trusted St. John Island Area Guide
Discover the beauty of the tropics during your stay at Sea Shore Allure on St. John Island. Our resort's location near Coral Bay and downtown Cruz Bay lets you enjoy the vibrant local attractions while staying in a tranquil exclusive resort with breathtaking views of the water and tranquil sounds of the surf. Whether your idea of an island getaway is to lounge by the pool with a cold drink in hand, visit out beautiful beaches or get out and explore the local shops and historical attractions, Sea Shore Allure is the perfect backdrop for your dream vacation. In addition to our wonderful location, our attentive concierge is always available to arrange restaurant reservations, boat rentals or charters, car service or tours of the island.
Historical Attractions in St. John
With acres of tropical countryside, miles of secluded beaches and dynamic areas for shopping, dining and Island fun, St. John is the ideal island getaway. Once you've had enough of lounging poolside or high-speed thrills on the water, we recommend that you visit any or all of the many historical sites near our resort's quiet location near St. John ruins. From the Annaberg Sugar Plantation Ruins at the Virgin Island National Park to the Peace Hill Ruins and Petroglyphs of Reef Bay Trail, our beautiful island preserves the stories from the past in a breathtaking way. Don't forget to stop by the Elaine Ione Sprauve Library and Museum, which chronicles the history of the island with photographs, rare documents and other artifacts that are on display in a restored plantation estate home.
The Beaches of St. John Island
- Cinnamon Bay—Known for Watersports and Historical Sites
- Francis Bay—Quiet Beach Accessible by Car or Hiking Trail
- Hawksnest Beach—Large Beach with Parking, Picnic Tables and Grills
- Honeymoon Beach—Accessible by Boat or Hiking Trail with Calm Water for Snorkeling
- Jumble Bay—Secluded Beach on the North Shore Accessible by Stairs
- Leinster Bay—Tranquil Bay Next to Annaberg Ruins, Perfect for Boaters and Snorkelers
- Maho Bay—Calm and Shallow Waters Make Maho Bay a Favorite with Families
- Salt Pond Bay—Scenic Bay and Secluded Beach with Good Swimming and Snorkeling
- Trunk Bay—One of the Most Popular Beaches in All the US Virgin Islands and rated at one of the top 10 beaches in the world!
Arriving at Sea Shore Allure
Guests of Sea Shore Allure often arrive by air to the Cyril E. King Airport in St. Thomas. Our sister island is home to one of the only commercial airports in the US Virgin Islands and flights are available on most domestic airlines. After arriving at the airport, you'll be able to catch a ferry to St. John from Charlotte Amalie Port or Red Hook Port. Charlotte Amalie Port is a 15-minute taxi ride from the airport and a 45-minute boat ride to St. John. At this port, you will find a limited ferry schedule that departs for St. John at 10:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m. and 5:50 p.m. daily. Please be sure to check the schedule in advance; ferry service is subject to seasonal changes. The Red Hook Port is 45 minutes away from the airport with a 20-minute boat ride to Cruz Bay. The first trip of the Red Hook Ferry departs for Cruz Bay at 6:30 a.m. and 7:30 a.m. Starting at 8:00 a.m., the Red Hook Ferry departs for Cruz Bay every hour on the hour until midnight. Please call the friendly staff of Sea Shore Allure for help in planning your arrival at our luxury resort.